Cat lovers, come together for the first annual Edmonton International Cat Festival! This is a full day celebrating those fantastic felines in our lives and on the Internet, while supporting the Edmonton Humane Society! We are not kitten you right meow! Inspired by the Internet Cat Video Festival which originated in Minnesota in 2012 (and drew more than 10,000 attendees!) Edmonton’s Internet Cat Video Festival, sponsored by NAIT’s Animal Health program, will include:
- A fun-filled line-up of international feline footage (Internet Cat Videos)
- A local Internet Cat Video competition with judging + prizes
- A funny Internet Cat Meme slideshow
- An international cat photo “beauty pageant” (who will be named Mr. and Mrs. Purr-fect?)
- And lots of educational components! Presentations from local cat enthusiasts on topics including: The Rising Status of Cats (The Future is Meow: What’s Turning Us Into Cat People), How My Cat Video Went Viral (and How Yours Can Too!), a storytelling of True Story (picture book inspired by two tuxedo cats adopted from the Edmonton Humane Society) and much more!!!!
- Organizers are also working to Skype in a famous Internet cat – and much more!!
100% of profits from ticket sales (and additional donations) will go directly to support the Edmonton Humane Society! A big thank you to the NAIT Animal Health program for sponsoring/hosting the event.
The Edmonton International Cat Festival is a celebration of cats.
It will take place:
Saturday, June 7, 2014
at NAIT Shaw Theatre
11762 106 Street
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please join us for our inaugural year!